1. Make sure you have selected the right package. If you don’t necessarily need help with finish selections, but need a quality layout then Fundamentals is for you! On the other hand, if you don't see a Designer package you like, make sure to go the custom route. Choosing the package that fits you best insures you will get the best results.
2. Fill out the questionnaire with as much detail as possible. Be sure to include anything you are wanting in your new space and any ideas you might have. If you are unsure of the overall space planning part, don’t worry. That’s what we’re here for! But as far as wish lists go, the more information the better (even knowing what you don’t want is sometimes nice).
3. Utilize your revisions! Depending on the package you choose you may have some revisions. Don’t let them go to waste - make sure to let us know any tweaks you need us to make to get to your final dream design. Even if it seems small, the details matter to us!
4. Use your Dovetailed design to get apples to apples bids on your project. Many times contractors, tile installers, plumbers, electricians, and even cabinet companies give ballpark estimates. These can be great, but when getting multiple bids it’s important to have a finalized, detailed design to insure each bid is created equal and you can make an informed decision on who you work with.
5. Take advantage of our resources! We offer multiple resources on our blog, including a detailed Remodeling Checklist that is used by our professional kitchen and bath designers to manage and budget projects. Visit www.dovetailedesign.com
for continuing information and inspiration.